Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Answer


After days of scouting locations and working out the logistics, I had a crazy thought that I would shoot from the sunroof of my Honda Element. My Producer Jamie Vesay thought I was crazy but he was willing to hear me out. I knew the bridge would be perfect but only if it was shot this way. If I could get close enough to the truck while moving at the same speed we could get the shot.

While hardly the biggest logistical nightmare, too much discussion was going too slowly as the sun was moving too fast. After a few passes with great truck drivers we nailed it!

Oh and the cops? The answer is: not one. In fact they thought it was a good idea but simply preferred we do it safely. I learned that Iowa law enforcement officers are cool, Jamie is right all the time, and you just never know when you’ll have to sell a shot before it is photographed.

Be sure to check out the behind the scenes-crew and all!

No comments: